Setting up Email on iOS
To begin, make sure that you have your CTC email account password. If you don’t remember your password, call us at 218-454-1234 to verify your account and help you recover it. Our mail servers are mail.brainerd.net for both Incoming and Outgoing mail. Your Username is your full email address.
Once you have that information, if your iPhone doesn't have any email accounts set up on it yet, do the following:
- Tap the Mail app in the bottom row of icons on your home screen
- On the list of Options, Tap Other
- On the next screen, select Add Mail Account. You'll need to enter your name, the email address you set up previously, the password you created for your email account, and a description of the account. Then tap the Next button in the top right corner.
- Select IMAP at the top of the screen. You’ll need to enter the Incoming Mail Server Host Name: mail.brainerd.net, your UserName (email address) and Password below. * For business or hosted accounts see below.
- Do the same from Outgoing Mail Server Host Name: mail.brainerd.net, your User Name, and Password.
- iOS will check the settings and place check marks next to each item
- You'll then be taken to your email inbox, where messages will immediately download from your account to your phone.
If you've already set up at least one email account on your phone and want to add another, do the following:
- Tap the Settings app on your home screen.
- Scroll down to the Accounts and Passwords item and tap it.
- You'll see a list of the accounts already set up on your phone. At the bottom of the list, tap the Add Account item.
- From there, follow the process for adding a new account detailed above.