CTC supports up to 12 live TV streams to your household. A stream can be a live TV show or a DVR recording you are watching. If you have 2 or more TV’s tuned to the same live TV program you’ll only be using 1 live TV stream.
With the 12 streams to your home you have the ability to utilize the streams in a number of ways. You can do one of the following:
- Watch 12 different live TV programs
- Record 1 live program on your DVR and watch 11 other live programs
- Record 2 live programs on your DVR and watch 10 other live programs
- Record 3 live programs on your DVR and watch 9 other live programs
- Record 4 live programs on your DVR (note that when recording 4 programs on DVR, you can’t watch live TV on the DVR set-top box, but you can on the rest of the set-top boxes in the household) and watch 8 other live programs.
The streams available to your home may vary depending upon where you live. In some cases, some homes may only receive 2 or 3 streams. Some homes may not be able to receive HD streams either. A CTC representative can assist you in determining the streams available to your home.
If you exceed the maximum number of streams available to your home. A “conflict resolution” screen will display on your TV. Here are the potential conflicts you could see, and how you can resolve the conflict.