Agent Line options:
Individual subscriber: (Groups -> Agent Status)
Tip: On the Agent Status page, each MLHG is referred to as a Queue and its members as Agents.
Managing your current state:
Tip: You will only be able to manage your current state if Agent States are supported in the Call Center that you are a member of. If they are not supported, you will not see the Current State drop down menu on the Agent Status page.
You can use the Current State drop down menu in the top right hand corner of the Agent Status page to show whether or not you are currently available to take calls from your Queues. When you click on this menu, you will be given the choice of a number of states.
Current state drop down menu
Generally, you will be in the Available state. This state indicates that you are currently available to handle calls from your Queues. However, if you need to stop receiving calls for a period of time (for example because you are taking your lunch-break or you are going to attend a meeting), you should use the Current State drop down menu to switch to the state that is most appropriate for the reason that you cannot currently handle calls. When you switch out of the Available state, you will not receive calls via any of your Queues. Once you are available to take calls again, you must switch back into the Available state before you can receive any calls.
When an incoming call is received, the Incoming Call panel displays any caller information that can be derived by your telephone system, for example the caller's telephone number if it has not been withheld.
When a call has been received via a Queue, the panel displays the following information about the Queue that the caller dialed.
- the name of the Queue that was originally called
- the average waiting time for a call to be answered in that Queue
- how many callers are waiting for their call to be answered in that Queue
- how many members are logged into the Queue
- whether you are logged in to this Queue.
This information will help you answer the call appropriately. For example, you will be able to see when a caller has been waiting a long time for a response.
If the call did not arrive via a Queue, you will see a message saying 'No matching queue'.
If an incoming call stops ringing for any reason (for example, it was answered by another agent or the caller hung up), the incoming call details will fade out over a few seconds.
The Incoming Call panel will display the message 'No incoming call' if there are currently no incoming calls in any of the Queues that you belong to.
Wrapping up a completed call:
Tip: The wrap-up state and disposition codes may not be available in some or any of the Queues that you are a member of.
When you finish a call, you may be put into the Wrap-up state. While you are in the Wrap-up state, you will not receive calls via any of your Queues, allowing you time to carry out any work related to the completed call.
Leave Wrap-Up? dialog box
Once you have completed this work, you will need to leave the Wrap-up state by choosing a new Agent State using the Current State drop down menu in the top right hand corner of the Agent Status page. When you do this, a Leave Wrap-Up? dialog box will appear. You must fill out the fields in the Leave Wrap-Up? dialog box to provide information about the call that you have just completed.
- In the first drop-down menu, you will need to provide the name of the Queue that is most appropriate for the content of the completed call. For example, in the screenshot above, a call from a customer concerning a potential purchase would be assigned to the Sales Queue.
Note that a Queue may have already been selected - you should select the correct Queue if the wrong one has been selected.
- The second drop-down menu asks you to select the disposition code that best describes how the call was resolved.
- If this menu is labeled Select a Disposition Code, you will not be able to continue until you have chosen a code.
- If this menu is labeled Select a Disposition Code (optional), you can choose whether or not to choose a code.
- If this menu is labeled No Disposition Codes, this Queue does not require any disposition codes and you can ignore this menu.
Once you have provided all of the necessary information, you can click OK to exit the Wrap-up state.
Logging in and out:
You can also use the Agent Status page to log in and out of a Queue, where this action is supported.
The My Queues panel lists all the Queues that you belong to, and shows whether or not you are currently logged in to that Queue.
- A grey icon alongside a Queue indicates that a Queue is one where you can explicitly log in and out.
- Click on this icon to log in or out of that particular Queue.
Note that your system may only allow you to log in to a single Queue that permits explicit login. If you are already logged in to another Queue, you will see a pop-up warning you that logging in to this Queue will mean that you are automatically logged out of the other Queue. This will give you the option to continue with changing the Queue you are logged in to or canceling the action and remaining in the original Queue
- If the Queue does not have an icon, you cannot log out of that Queue.
Interpreting Queue statistics:
On the My Queues panel, you can see real-time information on all the Queues that you are a member of. These statistics are refreshed every 30 seconds and whenever an incoming call starts ringing.
For each Queue, the screen shows:
- Avg. Waiting Time.
- This is the running average for the most recently answered calls of how long a caller waits before their call is answered. The value is the sum of the time a caller is waiting in a queue and the time the call is alerting (that is, the call has been hunted to an agent and agent's phone is ringing) before it is answered.
- Logged-in Members.
- This is the number of agents who are currently logged in.
- Callers Waiting. This shows how many callers are currently waiting in a queue because all agents are busy.
- Once a call has been hunted to a particular agent, they are not counted here, even if the agent has not yet answered the call.
- If the Queue only accepts calls when an agent is available, this statistic will be shown as n/a.