Download and install the app from the app store or the play store.
Tap the icon to open the app.
Sign into the app using your google or facebook account.
Scan the QR code on the sticker either located on the front of the router or on the back under the back cover. This will associate this router to your device.
Using the NetValet App:
Once you are in you will land on the home screen of the app. You have the options of:
- Users - This will allow you to create groups of users and stop certain users from using the Wi-Fi.
- Devices - This will show you a list of devices currently connected to the router.
- Home Network - This allows you to change the Wi-Fi name and password on your router.
- Guest Network - This allows you to create and change the Wi-Fi name and password for the guest network.
- Access Policies - This allows you to create and set access policies for certain users on your network. These policies are time-based so you can do things like turn off the kid's Wi-Fi at 8PM.
- Port Forwarding - This will allow you to set up ports used by specific applications.
This shows you the list of connected devices. The number by some of the devices tells you how good the supported device thinks the Wi-Fi signal is out of 5.
The user's section is where you can group devices such as Kids into a group. This will then allow you to easily manage the devices by groups of devices for a person or a group of people. Let's make a group called Kids. Hit edit at the top to add a user. Then click the add user button that appears below.
This will then open the add user menu. Here you will enter the user's name then select if you want access on or off right now. Alternatively, you can select a policy that will schedule access to the internet. Then select add device. Here you can easily add the devices you want to be apart of this user.
Access Policies work to schedule internet access with user groups. Select Policies to set one up. Click edit to begin then select "add access policy". Let's make an access policy for Kids.
Begin by selecting the days of the week you want to allow access then select the times beginning and ending that you want to allow access for.
Changing Wi-Fi settings:
You can change both your home and guest network settings. To change wifi settings click on which network you would like to change from the main menu. Then you can change the name and the password. Click done to save it.
You can add port forwarding from the app to do so click on add port forwarding. Then enter the information required for the port you would like to forward.
Tags: CTC Wifi Password change, Port forwarding, Parent Controls